Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a union territory in Western India composed of two separate geographical entities: Dadra & Nagar Haveli spread over 491 square kilometres, wedged between Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Being the Industrial Hub and a Tourist Destination; DNH is witnessing unprecedented growth of both human and vehicular population over the years which is reflected in the traffic scenario of the city.
The task of traffic management has become difficult due to mixed traffic on the roads, erratic behavior of road users, shortage of parking spaces, unsatisfactory road conditions, etc. Despite all constraints, the Traffic Police is sincerely engaged in the task of managing the traffic, its smooth and safe movement on all roads of the capital.
To achieve the highest standards of smooth and safe flow of traffic our objectives are:-
- Prevent and reduce accidents.
- Effective enforcement of traffic regulations.
- Inculcate a sense of discipline amongst road users and educate the public including school children on road safety.
- Ensure smooth and secure traffic movement for special occasions and VIP duties with minimum inconvenience to public.
- Develop a sense of responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of the public.
- Render assistance to public in various stressful conditions such as prompt first aid to accident victims.
- Develop the human resources of traffic police.
- Assist and advice various agencies in coordinated development of infrastructure for smooth and safe flow of traffic.
- Ensure protection of the environment and take appropriate steps for prevention of noise and air pollution.
- Encourage participation and involvement of public in traffic management.